{May 18, 2012}   One Big Ball Of Sick

Not a lot has changed or gotten better but I am feeling a lot better mentally and emotionally. I haven’t been on in a month or more there has been so much going on. I have been to the hospital 5 times in the last 3 to 4 weeks. I had sick kids for a week straight. Spent a day in the ER with my baby boy with a fever of 104.6 he wouldn’t eat drink or move. They had to do a bunch of test and things to him. Finally got the fever down and he started drinking so they let him come home. Said it was a virus. He was sick another week after that from a shot they gave him and whatever he had.

A week to the day later I was in the ER I woke up at 6am in doubled over in pain and sick to my stomach. I finally got the kids to school and got someone to watch the baby so I could go to the hospital. RC was here when I got up in pain and sick. I he had to take his kids to school. I didn’t know it he called me when I was on my way home and said he had taken the day off work before he ever left my house. He came over and took me to the ER. They did blood work and ordered a CT scan. Took me down an almost gave me someone else x-ray the pink ladies went to the wrong bed and had the wrong person. Then the nurse came in told me there are no stones. I said that’s good she said well no you have one it’s kind of big. I didn’t know what she was talking about they said I didn’t have kidney stone but I had a gallstone. Then she starts talking about surgery and all this. I was like I am not having surgery I just want to know what is wrong with me. She says oh the doc is going to have the sergon come talk to you see what they think needs to be done. In a little while the doc comes over tells me I have a cyst on my ovary and that it is normal and that sometimes you will have pain. That it didn’t look like anything to be worried about. You have them every month it will go a way in a few days to week. Never said anything about the stone so I ask him and he says oh it is fine. He said you get them from time to time and you will pass them it isn’t big enough that it shouldn’t pass and that where the pain is and how it feels the stone isn’t what is causing the pain. So the nurse had no clue what she was talking about. She should have never said anything about it at all. When I got my paper work to leave it said not only did I have the cyst and stone but I also had a UTI that no one told me about but wrote me meds for. I wasn’t happy I had never had such things happen at that hospital they have always been on the ball and gave great care.

Glad to say the baby is doing much better my big boy is over all this too. I was in pain for a few more days and then it finally went a way and I was alright. I am so glad they were right about the gallstone and it wasn’t that. I have had pain before and they told me they thought it was a gallstone and it didn’t feel anything like that. I thought we were all going to finally be healthy and happy and not have to deal with a bunch of mess for a while. Boy was I wrong. I noticed my lymph nodes on my neck were swollen on the right side a week or so ago. But my throat didn’t hurt or anything like that. I didn’t do anything about it. Then around mothers day my tonsils started swelling up but they didn’t hurt. Still didn’t think much of it or do anything about it. I have to say I never go to the doctor. I don’t have great insurance I don’t even have good insurance  so I don’t have a doctor that you don’t have to wait hours to get into see only for them to blow everything off and not do anything for you any way. So even if I get a sore throat or sick with something I just wait it out until it goes a way. I figured I do the same it wasn’t hurting so why go any way. I kept noticing that they seemed like they were pretty big compared to normal when I have problems. Then Tuesday night my throat started hurting like I never felt it hurt before. RC looked in there and said that they were so swollen you probably couldn’t stick something between them they were almost touching. I went to sleep and when I got up Wednesday it hurt worse and the inside of my mouth was itching. I have never felt suck a thing but it itched so bad and I couldn’t get it to stop. I had the soon to be ex come get the kids when they got out of  school and RC took me back to the ER. They couldn’t believe how big they were swollen and said there was a lot of white on and around them. They started feeling my stomach and stuff too. They did more blood work and a strep test. They come back in a few minutes and said I have Mono. Nothing they can do for me but tell me to rest no sports or work for a few weeks and that it can take months to get over. I said rest I’m a single mom of three how am I supposed to rest I will never get rid of this. I asked them how I could get that I am the only one sick. the kids aren’t sick RC isn’t sick and from what I had been told about mono is that you get it from kissing or drinking after someone who has it. They said that it is very contagse and that is the big ways you can get it. But that if your body is wore down so much and stressed that you can get it that way too. So with the kids being so sick and being up with them pretty much around the clock and with other things going on around my house making it so that I can’t sleep much then running and taking care of everything on top of it I just wore my self down enough that I got it.

Of course soon to be ex was an ass about it when I had to tell him what I had. Right off the bat it was I got it from RC who even when all the kids where sick never caught anything and who isn’t sick now even with me having it. Then it was maybe I got it from someone I seen for a short time 6 months ago or I must be messing around and seeing someone else other than just RC. He gets on my nerves so much. I am with my kids or with my kids and RC all the time any more I wouldn’t have time to be seeing someone else if I wanted too.

My poor big girl was sick so I tried to take her to the doc yesterday to have her tested and just make sue she didn’t have it too. Not that they could do anything for her but they don’t want the kids out running around and playing or being around the other kids in school if they have it. They have her insurnce a mess and have her with some doc that we don’t even know. I called to change it and it won’t change until next month. She can’t see her doc because she can’t take it. So we ended up back in the er yesterday to make sure she didn’t have it. Thank goodness she don’t.

I feel like someone dropped a bomb of germs in my house and it is attacking us all. I just want to go threw the place and spray everything with bleach and scrub it like crazy. I hate bleach and the smell of it. But this weekend soon to be ex has the kids and me and RC are going to come in here and go threw everything and scrub everything from top to bottom just so we feel better and to try and make sure none of the kids catch this from me. I won’t let them drink after me or kiss me. I won’t let them sit on me or carry them around. I try to stay as far a way from them as I can. So that is the last month in a nut shell.


joannei says:

aww i hope you all feel better.. lysol & sanitizer :))

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

et cetera
%d bloggers like this: