The guy came back Sunday when we were not here and “patched” the roof. Yesterday I called to talk to the lady I have been dealing with and she wasn’t there and isn’t going to be back in the office until later this week. So I talk to the lady that answered. Told her who I was and what was going on and that they sent twee tel Dee and Twee tel Dumb out here and how they say they can patch the roof and get 2 more years out of it. That I don’t want to be going through this again in a few weeks or moths. She says she is going to have him call or email me because he is busy as well. The guy who is over making sure everything is taken care of. Last night it starts raining and like I figured it came pouring in the wall again. I was so mad I got the email from the guy last night.
He wanted to inform me that they came Sunday to put a temp patch on it and would be back to do a permanent patch later in the week. I probably didn’t know because I wasn’t here when they were. Then says if there is any damage done inside to please let him know so he can have it taken care of as well. I was so mad because he knows good and well there is damage inside and we have already talked about it and I sent him pictures of some of it.
I got up and went to the office today to talk to him face to face because by now I am so past mad and over my house being a mess like this and not being able to do stuff. He wasn’t there they didn’t know if or when he would be back today. She called him told him I was there and not happy and it was still leaking in everywhere.
He called me and I told him I was not happy that I had waited and been more than patient with this and them getting it fixed and that it wasn’t done in a timely manner. He was telling me it was and they were going to patch it and they had to wait for it to not rain and be dry. I let him know I knew that they hadn’t even bothered to call the roofer until a week after the first guy came out and told them it needed a new roof and that then I had to call and ask for 3 days why they hadn’t done anything. He said I couldn’t possibly know that because I didn’t know the company that was coming out. I told him oh but I did because his people told me. I had called them to get a time because I had doctors appointments and didn’t want to bother them anymore. They told me they knew nothing about the leak who I was or my house. He just kept telling me that stuff was in the past and all this. He was trying to get it taken care of now but it was rainy season and there was rain yesterday and supposed to be rain today. I said so what you are telling me is that you don’t know when they are going to fix it because if they think it might rain they won’t do it. I see people getting new roofs and patches all around me so I am sure they could patch mine too. Before it was over with I just told him that I expected it to be fixed right a way and properly not patched and leaking again in a few days and not going to blow off in tropical storm or hurricane that could come up anytime. He said well yours wouldn’t be the only one. I said nope and mine probably wouldn’t at all if you had it fixed right. I shouldn’t have to sit here and hope it don’t and wait to see. I told him I was tired of cleaning up the mess from it and that i had my stuff out and that I wasn’t cleaning no more mess up it could lay back there and whatever damage it caused they would just have to tell the owner they needed to pay to have it taken care of too. I should be compensated for my time cleaning and enconvince off dealing with all this why they have done nothing and that if they were going to patch it and needed to do it when it wasn’t raining why didn’t they come all that first week and do it when it thank god hadn’t rained. He just kept saying that’s in the past and what they want to do now.
Then he was telling me I could not use that room for a bedroom and it was a porch. It is not a porch at all it is a block room with windows doors closet and air. He keep insisting it wasn’t a room I couldn’t use it for that. I finally said ok fine I will just get off here and call code enforcement and have them come out and talk to them about it and see what they say. I wouldn’t want to break any code enforcement rules while living in the home. Oh no no now you don’t have to do that I’m not going to tell you how you can use the room or what you have back there. He knows they come see that leak they are going to get on to them and they are going to say something everyone else is roof isn’t right it has to be a new roof and it can’t sit there like that leaking with people living in it. I told him I know code says to be a bedroom it has to be so such square space have a closet have air and windows that it was more than the square footage and had everything else. I said I do know the law and regulations I have family that was a agent and who leased property for years and I have family who is a state licensed contractor.
I said something I probably shouldn’t have and if it comes down to it I don’t know what I will do but they could come back with the same reply if I hadn’t said it. I finally got mad and told him to give me my money back I would go find something else and let the next person they find to rent it to have the headache of the leak or it blowing off. He said we could end the lease but you wouldn’t get any money back you have had use of the property. I said oh but yes I am intitled to my money back for the time this has taken to get fixed and still isn’t and I am intitled to all the money I had to pay to get in here and all my deposites back. I am also owed moving fees at this point if they don’t want to fix it properly. I didn’t say that I didn’t think about it at the time. When I said that though his whole town changed and it was well I am going to call the owner back and nudge him to go ahead and fix the roof would that be ok with you. I said send someone else to patch it or what. He said put a new roof on thats what your wanting isn’t it. I said I want use of my house like I am supposed to have I want to know that I am not going to be sitting here in a week or two or month or when we have a bad storm and my roof is going to start gushing again and I am going to have my house tore apart like this again for who knows how long. they have temp patched it twice now and either time did it work it is worse now than when he did what ever he did Sunday. I also at one point told him I should just call my lawyer and see what he advised and what he felt we were owed for all of this. He said you don’t have to do that I can tell you that you can send a Certified letter to fix with in 7 days and if it isn’t done you can pay your money to the court. I said yes just what I am talking about I know this but I would rather talk to him let him handle it and make sure nothing is filled out wrong or missed. When I started talking about the lawyer and/or wanting my money back he said yeah because we do have to have it done with in so long and it hasn’t been taken care of. So right there he admitted they were in the wrong they dropped the ball and it should have been done before now. He told me to please wait and give him a chance to talk to the owner and advise him what he really needed to get done and see if he could get him to do it and he would get back with me tonight or in the morning by phone call or email. I can bet you $100 he won’t call me back after today because I wasn’t taking his excuse and bullshit and I know the law and that they are in the wrong. He seen I wasn’t a push over like he thought who didn’t know my rights. I still haven’t heard from him but he better hope I do before lunch or I will be getting the ball rolling with the courts. I told him I love the house it works great for us and we are very happy here and really don’t want to move but I am not going to be done this way. So we shall see as the waiting game continues.