I have had my share of bad news and bad things happening for the year and we are only 12 days into it. What do they say what your doing for the new year is what you’ll be doing for the rest of the year? Or something like that. Not looking forward to that if there is any truth to it.

Saturday me and the kids got up went got the part for the truck, picked up a order we had at the store and returned a computer that needed to go back. I got them each a lunch-able and we headed to my dads to get the jack so the truck could be fixed. My dad came home with us to have dinner. The kids were excited about that.

No sooner than we got home hardly my brother came busting in not knocking or anything oh there you are. The lady next to us said she thought you left with her. Asking if we got the jack he knew we did he told us we could use it. I thought it might have gotten stolen. Why would you leave it where that could happen number one and if you told us we could use it and my dad isn’t there then that is probably where it is number two. You live 20 miles or more a way and you drive down here instead of picking up your phone and calling either of us when you have both numbers. Oh and he said he was working in the areas when my dad just said he was in the next county over doing something.

Then he started asking my dad if he wanted to go home. He said he would ride with him save me the trip. I told him I could take him home whenever he wanted it wasn’t a big deal. My brother said something about staying the night. I told him I had no problem with him staying I had no problem with taking him home when he was ready that night the next day. He said he was just going to ride back with him. I think he was tired and a little bothered by the kids because he was tired and they were playing. My brother had him out the last two days running around too so that probably didn’t help.

They left and my friend J and her husband was on their way over. He was fixing the truck and I told them I would make dinner because it would take him a little while to do it and it would be dinner time.

The boys were going in and out playing when my dad was here. He was sitting outside I had the dog tied up and the pups put up in the little play house. He left my little guy asked if he could go out and play I still had the door open and told him yes. Well I looked in a minute he was gone. I heard him in the back yard and people talking. I thought it was the little boy down the street his is the only one allowed to come over jump not ask me. I don’t let the other kids on it because the way they have done and acted in the past to my oldest. I called him he came around said I got new friends mom look they help me on the trampoline. I looked it was the other kids from around. They were nice and polite and things to me I told him he could go ahead and play. I told my older son to go play too. Figured we try again its been a long time since they tried to make friends before. They all played together for a while.

My little bitty wanted to go out so I took her out. I been going back and forth checking on them and watching them through the window. Me and her walked back there for a little while watched them. She wanted to get on I told her later. She walked off to the carport to look at the pups in her house. I walked around to see what she was doing. In a minute I hear crying wasn’t sure who it was at first. I get back there it’s my little guy he is on the trampoline one of the kids is holding him wiping his face and trying to make him feel better see if he is ok. I go to see what happen. Someone didn’t zip the net when they got in or out and he hit it and fell out. The thing sits higher than my waste he hit the ground.

I had him move his arm all around and wiggle it and things it seem ok. He wanted to go in. I figured it hurt it was a hard fall he is little didn’t blame him for wanting to go in. Well about that time my friend J and her hubby came up. She went in and looked at it and checked him all out said same thing he seemed ok probably just hit hard just hurts. He went to his room I figured to watch tv lay down.

Me and her were going to the store to grab some things. The boys were going to stay her why her husband worked on the truck. Something told me check him before we went i hadn’t heard or seen him in about 15 minutes. Figured he fell a sleep. I open the door he was laying on his bed no tv nothing crying. I walked over to him talk to him. He say mommy my arm it hurts bad I can’t move it. I looked at it again now it had huge knot swelled out on the side by the elbow.

I told my friend J I had take him get looked at. She kept kids and made dinner. We went over to the hospital I go to most the time they looked at it said no food nothing to drink and had x ray in there no sooner than me could get in the room good. They had to move it around and take two x rays he screamed he was in so much pain.  I felt so bad for him. The doctor came and got me had a lady waiting to go in the room next to us to do lab work sit in and talk to him why we talked. He took me to the nurses station and showed me the x ray and where it was broke and things. She said we can’t touch it he needs a kids orthapedest to take care of it. We are making arrangments to transfer you out. We will have to send you to a hospital that was about 4 towns over, Arnold Palmer for women and children or Nemours. I said send him to Nemours. He said ok. I asked him to please give him something for the pain that he was in a lot had been for a little bit now and they been moving it around. He said ok.

The one has a peds ward but they handle mostly adults and have mostly adults doctors there. Arnold Palmer I have only ever been to once in my life and had never been treated so bad in my life. I refuse to give them any more money or go there again.

They gave him shot of morphine I was surprised as little as he is. But it worked he was lot happier and talking to everyone. All the ladies were coming in talking to him and things. They went to the lab and brought him a ton of stickers after his shot.

They told him he got to ride in a ambulance he was trilled. They got there to pick him up. They came with the stretcher he said are you my ambulance? He just talked and talk to them. They told him when we got out of town a way from everyone they would turn on the lights and things for him. The poor little guy fell a sleep before we were even a 1/4 of the way there. I figured he be upset he missed that part but he wasn’t.

We had to be seen at their er so they could decide how they needed to treat him. They weren’t busy at all a few were coming in and talking to him and things. One of the guys came in asked him if he liked restling I told him he didn’t really know what that was. He asked him if he liked ninja turtles he said yes. He left and came back in a few minutes gave him a talking turtle action figure. You push the button on his back he moves his arms talks. It was the blue one made it even better. He couldn’t wait for me to get it out of the box.

The doctor came in said they took our cd with the x ray on it to the x ray department he was waiting to see them. He said if it wasn’t to bad they could give him something that would make him kind of like he was sleep but he seem like he was awake maybe and set it right there in the er. But if it was to bad they would have to take him to the or put him under and take care of it. He left and came back in just a few minutes and said I am finding him some food and something to drink he is going for surgery first thing in the morning. He can’t eat or drink after 12am. It was already 10 pm. He hadn’t had anything since about 2 or 3 we were getting ready to make dinner when this happen.

They took us up to his room on the 4 th floor. We have never been there but it is a very nice hospital all the newest stuff and any kind of doctor the kids need to see are right there. When he got to his room they told him he could change the light to make it the color he wanted so he made it blue. The room was all lit up blue. They have a bunch of movies on the tv already they don’t have to have a dvd player or ask them to put one on. You just his a button that says movies and it pulls them all up. He spent most his time watching movies. I think he liked it better than netflix.

They would come in and talk to us and they would tell us about his or that and then ask if I had any questions. I ask them whatever or say no, then I would ask him do you have any questions you want to ask. He looked at a couple of them and said I have one. They ask what he say what you think I’m going to be when I grow up? He even asked the surgeon when he came in.

The surgeon said he broke the elbow it was bent the opposite way than it should have been. He said the good thing was that he didn’t damage the nerves, mussels or blood vessels or artery. He could still move, feel, and had color to his fingers. He said he was going to go in bend it back the way it should be and put two to three pins in it then a cast. He said the pins would go through the skin they would take them out once he healed. They wouldn’t be something he would have to have the rest of his life to worry about. I was glad about that but probably something that will still always give him trouble at times.

He said they were set to start at 8 and that it would take about 30 to 40 minutes. They took us down gave him something to calm him down so he wouldn’t be scared when they took him back and we didn’t go. They called me from the OR and said that they were starting. It was 8:24 by 8:48 the doctor was standing in front of us telling us he only had to put two pins in and they had the cast on. That he didn’t have to split the cast so he didn’t have to come back for three weeks. He said that when we go back they will do a x ray before we see him and then we will see him. He said it should be healed they should be able to take the cast off and pull the pins right there in his office. Scary thinking they are going to pull the pins out in office. I don’t know if they give them any thing for pain or not but I hope they do because if they are through the skin and in the bone all healing around them. I think that would be really painful to take out. I guess we will see. He told us what to watch for and to take him to our hospital if any of them happen. He said any of the doctors over there should be more than ok to handle any of them. He told us what to watch for and when to call him and come back and see him as well. I really liked him he was really nice seemed to really know his stuff and to care. He didn’t seem like it was a bother he was there on a Sunday to do this and to take care of him or anything it was just like it was any other day to him.

He said they wouldn’t call us back until he woke up but said it shouldn’t take long. It was about another 20 or 30 minutes before they came and got us. We didn’t even get to where we could see him and I could hear him upset and crying. I thought because we weren’t there but when we got to him it was because he was in so much pain. He was in a panic and so upset. His blood presure was through the roof he was screaming at them to take his cast off and begging me to take it off. They said they gave him something for the pain. They were getting a hold of whoever they had to get a hold of to get him something else. Whatever they gave him it seem like they just gave him candy he act as if he had nothing. I think the anesthesiologist ended up giving them something to give him because it was so bad and it was taking so long. Because when we were being taken out to go back to his room one of them said something about something being on the cart. The other said that’s that med I have to trash and record. I think it was what came up after they gave him something. I know he had to of scared the little girl next to us to death. He was the first of the day she was next.

We ended up being there until about 7 last night. They had to watch him to make sure he went to the bathroom, eat and keep his food and drinks down and then give him meds by mouth for pain and able to keep them down. He did good once he woke back up from the meds they gave him down stairs.

It was so sweet the doctor told us before we went down what he was going to do and said something about making him go to sleep. He got upset and said but I don’t want to go to sleep it’s day time. When they gave him the dilaudid because the other pain med didn’t work it knocked him out. When they got him back up to his room they took the stretcher into his room pushed it up to his bed and the two ladies asked father of the year if he could help them move him over to his bed. They din’t want to bump his arm. They started pick him up said we are going to move you. He got mad said I’m trying to sleep. Went right back to sleep before they got him moved that fast. After being so worried about having to go to sleep and it being morning. They would say something about his fingers and he would tell them I only have 4 fingers and then a thumb.

We got his pain meds and they are supposed to last him for 6 hours he can’t have any more at all til 6 hours. About 3 hours after giving it to him he was crying in pain begging for more for me to take him to the doctor. They told me I could give tylenol first tomorrow and if it didn’t help them give him the stronger pain med. But the stronger one isn’t lasting as it is. They said the two could be given together so when he started crying and I could tell he was really in a lot of pain I gave him tylenol to help till I could give him the other again. But I didn’t like doing that and didn’t know if it was good to do to much. This morning again it wasn’t no time he was hurting and crying. Telling me I want to go to my doctor. I got them ready and took him. She said he was about the 4 th one she had seen in the last month they operate on and send home with the same stuff. She said it don’t work. I have to give something else. She said I am going to give you tylenol with codeine for him. I told her it was time for him to have the other in just a few minutes. She said take it go right there get it filled and give him it not the other. We went to one of the stores we always use and they told me it be a 2 hour wait or more. I said I need this right a way to give as soon as I get it is there any way you can get it filled for him. The guy said no we are doing other stuff and shots. I said ok give it back. He looked like he couldn’t believe I was making him give it back. I said I can’t wait two hours I am not letting him sit in that kind of pain for two hours or more.

I took it across the street to this little discount place that has open up they got it for him in just a few minutes. I didn’t think they were going to give it to me because I forgot my id at home. I told her look he is 4 he broke his elbow he just got out of surgery yesterday he is in a lot of pain and they had to change him to this. We just got it from the doctors she wants him to have it right a way not the other. She looked seen it was for a kid and not that much and they filled it. She only gave him 10 tsp of it. Not like there a lot I could do with that really. I took it right out and gave it to him before we left. That was at 3 and I just had to give him more at 10. So it lasted him 7 hours. He can have every 6 to 8. He did ask once around 8 he had another hour before he could have it. I told him he needed wait a little longer he went back and laid on the couch. I could tell it wasn’t to bad because he wasn’t crying and didn’t come back in just a minute. I think it he was just starting to feel it some. I kind of forgot I had got busy he came back this time a little upset and saying it really hurt he needed his meds now. By that point he made it to the 7 hour point I gave him some.

They say the pain should be gone by tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope it is because it isn’t really the cast bothering him as the pain is. I think if the pain goes a way he will be ok. We told him what a tough little guy he was how his cast made him look tough. The kids want to sign it and things for him. I asked him if I could be the first to sign it when he wasn’t hurting he said no he didn’t want anyone too. He might change his mind. It’s blue so he don’t want them to mess it up. I told him he could tell the doctor what color he wanted. I don’t think he believed me. I said he wants a blue cast they said oh ok we can do that. he came out seen it they had pain under control he was showing us all.

But I am sure it is going to be a long three weeks. Then I got the call that it wasn’t the part we thought on my truck it is the cooler itself that is broke so I need it too. It is a $160 part. I am not putting that kind of money into it at this point. Not when I am getting something different in a month or so. I can drive my dads for now. He don’t need it he can’t drive and if it isn’t at his house he can’t get in it and go any way. He been wanting too.

So that catches everything up I think for the most part. We shall see what tomorrow holds for us.



One thought on “What The Weekend Held

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s