It looks like I have to file contempt of court papers not only over the child support that is behind but also him not giving me a phone number or address. I have been going over our divorce papers with a fine tooth comb to make sure I am filing everything that needs filed and am filing it right. There were some changes I forgot about us making and times that I was wrong about.

I forgot that when it came to Summer, Spring Break and holidays we decided to stick to the normal visitation for the agreement. The only thing that I see and do not remember doing is saying he could have them every weekend. I do not think we changed that because the over nights for him was figured at every other week. Something was worded a little off and they asked us and somewhere in them fixing it, it got put down as every weekend. I have to file to change that to every other like it was supposed to be.

I have to file contempt for all the back support that has not been paid, and for not giving me his new number and address. I thought it was 10 days he had to give it to me and the court in. Reading the papers he only has 24 hours to give me any new address or phone number and 7 days to contact the courts and file it with them. He has 10 days to make any changes in plans of not picking them up and paying for any childcare cost that go along with him not picking them up.

When I file the contempt papers for the address, phone number and back support I have to file a subpoena to have him come to court as well and have it served because I do not know his address to hand deliver or mail it to him. Once he is served I have to wait 20 days for him to reply to it all. If he does not answer then I have to file default paperwork and set a court date and send him a notice of hearing. Then we can go to court and see what the judge says about it all and see what he grants. It says what the judge grants may be temporary or it could be final until one of us takes it back in front of a judge to get it changed.

Honestly I do not think that him or her have enough brains between the two of them to figure out what paperwork to file, how to fill it out or any of that. They are both so oh well when ever they get to it they get to it, I think they will lay it down and forget about it until it’s to late or put it off until tomorrow until it’s past time. I doubt they will show up for the court date but who knows since I have to have him subpoena to court it says he could get locked up so he probably will show for that. But even then they are not going to have the right paperwork and things they need filled out or know what to do with it all. I had to find out what papers had to be filled out, fill them all out, read them to him, explain them to him, then have him go with me to the court house to sign them file them. I just do not see him doing more than maybe showing up. That would be just so he don’t go to jail. If he shows up they may only grant it for temp or they may not grant it if he starts asking questions and things. But I think any judge is going to see through him and can see that he makes more than enough money to have gotten a lawyer if he wanted one so they will probably just grant it.

Ugh I also have to file the paper showing how many payments he has made and the paper to have them take it from his check every week rather than being left up to him to pay it. From looking at the courts webpage and reading different laws and things it looks like it should have been sent to come out of his check from the start. That means someone at the court dropped the ball. I just have to get it fixed at this point.

I am still debating on trying to get an address for RC and filling out the paper work I have and turning in to the courts or just going through child support enforcement. I still think going to child support enforcement would be easier in ways because I don’t have the address. Plus they just do the DNA test and child support, if he wants to see her they will tell him he needs to come here and take me to court to get it set up. As it stands right now he isn’t going to spend the time or money to do all that. But if I already have it in court in front of a judge he will bring it up and push to have it set as well so it will lower his support and he can come take her if he wants to. I think we are better off to just do through the enforcement and worry about the rest later.

I am going to try to go somewhere tomorrow and get all this printed and filled out then go file it. Then hopefully I will have time to go the enforcement office. I will be so glad to have all this done once and for all with the both of them. I think this thing with Father of the Year isn’t going to go to far. He I think will keep no contact unless they contact him for something, as it stands right now they never ask to call him so I am not to worried about that. Most likely he won’t answer when they call anyway. I figure that it will all be a matter of time before he just stops having anything to do with them at all. Even if he comes and takes them for a weekend or a few it won’t last because they do not listen to him and they will not listen to her because they are mad at her for the way she has done and they will be going wild making life hell over there. Once that happens she isn’t going to want them around and he will stop coming around. Once they get a place it won’t be long before they lose it and they will be homeless again. He won’t have anywhere to take them to.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s